Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A final moment of procrastination before my final exam

My final exam for the winter quarter is this week. Just one exam, but it is five hours long, so I'll still consider it finalS week.

Naturally, I've been procrastinating a fair amount, but I'm trying to buckle down as of today and power through until the exam. Starting after this blog, of course. A few of my wastes of time over the past few days have included:

- Re-reading a good portion of Zeno's Conscience by Italo Svevo;
- Reading a few interesting articles, including one in which I learned that the average American, when all requirements are accounted for, gets the equivalent of about 40mpg walking, and as low as 10mpg walking if one has a very meat-heavy diet. It's actually really fascinating;
- Getting into an absolutely hilarious blog called Hot Chicks with Douchebags, which I highly recommend;
- Typing out and submitting a bunch of lyrics that were missing from lyrics websites. Man, now that's getting desperate for procrastination.

And, of course, I had a good friend from college in town for a conference with whom I was able to catch up along the way. That's not procrastination, just a very pleasant something-else-to-do.

In only a few days, I'll be heading to Israel for a second time. I leave the day after my exam, and will be there until March 30th. Here's to good times just beyond the horizon!

No comments: